Your First Visit
Please arrive about 10 minutes early so that you have enough time to fill out a New Patient form*.
Your dentist will start by reviewing your medical and dental history and performing a thorough dental exam. Your exam will include a thorough examination of your gums, teeth, bite, and jaw, as well as an oral cancer screening and any X-rays that are required.
Your dentist will create a long-term dental treatment plan for you based on your medical history and examination. In addition, your dentist will answer any questions you have about your dental health and treatment options.
IMPORTANT: Any form submitted by email must be encrypted, to ensure it is secure. By submitting an unencrypted email form, you are consenting to an unsecured email. Alternatively, please print off the form, complete it, and bring it to our office.*
Read the FAQs to learn more about what to expect at Carbonear Dental.
Does your clinic offer treatment for dental emergencies?
Yes, we do! Here are some common situations and how you can handle them.
- Toothache - The first thing you need to do is to give us a call. To try and ease your pain, you can take an over-the-counter pain remedy or hold an ice pack against your face where you are experiencing pain.
- Chipped or broken tooth - Broken or chipped teeth can almost always be saved! If it's a small break, your dentist can use a white filling to fix the tooth. If the break is serious, a root canal may be needed. Your tooth may also need a crown.
- Knocked-out tooth - You need to call us right away if you lose a permanent tooth. A tooth has a fair chance of taking root again if it is put back in place quickly enough.
- Badly bitten lip or tongue - If there is bleeding, use a clean cloth to press down on the part of the mouth that is bleeding. You can try an ice pack to keep swelling down if the lip is swollen. Go to an emergency room if the bleeding does not stop.
- Something stuck between teeth - First, try using dental floss, gently and carefully, to remove the object. Don't poke between your teeth with anything sharp that can damage your gums or scratch the tooth surface. If you can't remove the object, we will try to remove it for you.
- Lost filling - Put a piece of softened, sugarless chewing gum in the spot where the filling was lost. This should protect the area for a short period until you can come to see us!
What features does your clinic offer?
Our clinic offers a number of features, including:
- Convenient Locations & Hours
- Free On-site Parking
- Quick Check-up Appointments
- Multiple Appointment Bookings for Families
- Short Wait Times
What is your appointment policy?
Our dental team is committed to providing quality dental care and services for our patients. Dental procedures require preparation and planning. This includes appropriate staffing, treatment room availability and material preparation at specific times during our work day.
We reserve specific time blocks in an attempt to meet patient schedules and the urgency of the dental need. If you have made an appointment with us, that time has been reserved exclusively for you and we have prepared in advance for your visit. Failure to keep this appointment also deprives other patients in need.
Please be advised that effective July 1st, 2019 we will be enforcing our appointment policy.
Our appointment policy states:
- 24-hour notice must be provided for the cancellation of a confirmed appointment. Cancellations within a 24-hour period will result in a “short cancellation” on your appointment record. If 3 such short cancellations occur, we reserve the right to revoke your booking privileges. This will result in “day of” bookings only, and there may be a limited number of appointment times available.
- If you miss a confirmed appointment and no notice was provided to the office, a $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged. This fee is your responsibility and cannot be billed to an insurance plan. For appointments longer than 1 hour, a higher cancellation fee may be charged. This fee will have to be paid before we will consider booking you again for another appointment. This “no show” will be noted in your appointment history, and 3 such no-shows will result in the loss of your booking privileges.
- Appointments that cannot be confirmed within 24 hours of the scheduled time will be removed from the schedule.
Our staff tries to contact you to confirm upcoming appointments. Please check with one of our receptionists to ensure we have accurate and up-to-date contact information on file for you including mobile phone and email contacts.
- How can I book an appointment?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Do you offer appointment reminders?
In the days before your appointment, you should receive an automated phone appointment reminder from us. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call us as soon as possible to let us know.
Do you provide services in any languages other than English?
Unfortunately, our office is only able to provide service in English at this time.
Does your clinic have on-site parking?
Yes, we have free on-site parking available for all our patients. We are also easily accessible by public transit.
Support for Anxious Patients
Anxiety or fear around dental appointments is very common and it can prevent people from getting the dental care they need. If this sounds like you, don't fret.
The team at Carbonear Dental has dental sedation options to help you relax during your appointments.
Insurance & Payment Methods
At Carbonear Dental, we'll help you navigate our options for payment and insurance claims so you can focus on achieving your dental goals.
We can direct bill your insurance company and our administrative team is happy to assist you in understanding your insurance plan better.
The full treatment cost must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept payment by cash, debit or most major credit cards.